Saturday, November 19, 2016

When the moon hits your eye...like a big pizza pie!

      I had such a hankering (real word) for pizza the other day!  However, I am trying to avoid gluten...and cooked tomatoes are not my friend of late.  What to do??  Then I remembered that my husband had brought home a gluten-free pizza mix.  Then I found some wonderful ideas for alternatives to tomato-based pizza sauce.  Then I found the uncured pepperoni and some quality mozzarella cheese in the fridge.  Dang!  Let's make some pizza :)
 
 
Sorry for the blurry photo....
Although this is certainly a "processed" product...there are very few ingredients!
(Almond flour, arrowroot powder, flax meal, cauliflower, baking soda, 
organic oregano & garlic...and cream of tartar.) 
It is vegan, grain-free, dairy-free and soy-free :)
I needed to add apple cider vinegar, oil and water to the mix.
I used Bragg's Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar and some avocado oil.
Super easy!  I used a bit of coconut oil on my hands to spread out the dough :)
I pre-baked the crust for 5 minutes before adding my toppings.
 
Here's my pepperoni! 
 
 
My non-tomato "sauce" is a combination of olive oil, a balsamic vinegar reduction (boiling until it becomes a thick syrup) and some garlic powder.
 
Here comes the cheese... 
 
And now...for the finished product fresh from the oven!
Bubbly cheese, savory pepperoni, the interest of oil and vinegar...and a crisp almond crust:)
 
Let's eat!!
 
Credit for the alternative sauce goes to...
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment