Sunday, October 8, 2017

What I Ate Today!

I thought it would be fun to share what I ate today!
Today is Sunday...offering me the opportunity to take more time preparing my food.
My breakfast this morning was very typical...a smoothie and some additional protein.
 
Using my trusty Vitamix, I combined coconut/almond milk, plant-based protein powder, glutamine powder (for GI tract health), frozen mixed fruit, fresh banana, ground flaxseed, romaine lettuce leaves, almond butter and coconut water. 
 
The almond butter and the romaine leaves made the smoothie so frothy :)
 
 
I finished off breakfast with some of my homemade chicken breakfast sausage. 
I was especially hungry this morning...so I ate both patties :)
Now on to lunch...
 
I'm not a huge red meat eater; but I live with someone who favors it.
So...we put together a pot roast dinner to share today :)
I included creamy Yukon potatoes, multi-colored carrots, onion and baby Bella mushrooms.
It was as tasty as it looks!
We ate a late lunch...so supper for me was on the light side.
 
I placed two romaine leaves, one small avocado and some cherry tomatoes on an Ezekiel sprouted grain tortilla.  I seasoned with sea salt, pepper and basil.
I tend to be the hungriest earlier in the day.
I was quite satisfied with this healthy carb and healthy fat supper!
 
So there you have it...my meals on this October Sunday!
Real Food for Real Health :)
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment